Your browser is out of date. It has known security flaws and may not display all features of this and other websites. Learn how to update your browser.
Jobs in Jersey
Associate Director MLRO & MLCO
Associate Director MLRO & MLCO
Our client is an international and award-winning corporate, private client and fund administration business where expertise, drive and an ambitious nature are rewarded. They are private equity backed and well-positioned to capitalise on the huge growth opportunities they see globally.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Compliance and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Money Laundering Compliance Officer (MLCO), to provide regulatory and compliance advice and assistance to the Board as required.
Individuals will typically lead and direct a team of managers and/or highly qualified professionals across a major area of activity that is of strategic importance to the Company. They will be responsible for developing and delivering the strategic plans and deploying the resources necessary to meet the current and future needs of the Company.
Ideally, at least 10 years of professional experience within Regulatory/Compliance is required, together with Risk Management and/or Governance experience.
- Perform the role of MLCO.
- To provide regulatory and compliance advice and assistance to the Board as required.
- Ensure effective monitoring of compliance with legislation in Jersey relating to money laundering and financing of terrorism ad AML/CFT Codes of Practice issued under the Supervisory Bodies Law.
- Regularly monitor and test compliance with systems and controls (including policies and procedures) in place to prevent and detect money laundering and financing of terrorism – supported where necessary by a compliance or internal audit function.
- Report periodically, as appropriate, to the Board on compliance with the Board’s systems and controls (including policies and procedures) and issues that need to be brought to its attention.
- Respond promptly to requests for information made by the Commission and the JFCU.
- Assist the Board in ensuring that the business maintains adequate procedures for monitoring compliance with, and testing the effectiveness of policies and procedures and monitoring and testing the effectiveness of measures to raise awareness and training.
- Perform the role of MLRO.
- Maintain a record of all requests for information from Law Enforcement Authorities and records relating to all internal and external SARs.
- Manage relationships effectively post disclosure to avoid tipping off any external parties.
- Act as the liaison point with the Commission and the JFCU and in any other external enquiries in relation to money laundering or financing of terrorism.
- Report periodically to the Board on any trends or issues identified.
- Assist with the update and review of the business risk assessment by the Board.
- Assist in the management of relevant committees, working groups, and the policy management function. To provide relevant regulatory and compliance advice to the members of such committees and ensure that they have access to support required to perform their function as a member of the Committee.
- Develop, implement and deploy Risk & Governance processes that will help the Board of directors identify, understand and manage risks.
- Ensure that policies of the Group are suitable to manage risk.
- Provide the Board with management information on relevant Key Risk Indicators.
- Promote a culture of Risk Management awareness and accountability through education of line management and consultative support.
- Help the Board assess the Regulatory and Compliance risks associated with product/services for delivery to existing and potential clients.
- Work with directors, legal and other groups inside and outside of Regulatory, Compliance and Risk to execute the agreed objectives.
- Work with the senior management of the Group to implement the strategy in order to achieve the Group’s stated objectives.
- Ensure that the Board of Directors are kept appraised of any relevant matters.
- Provide technical assistance as required.
- To assist in the technical training and development of more junior team members.
- To assist in the management and support of the GRC team.
- To be aware of and identify potential risk issues.
- Assist client facing staff and team members and advise where necessary on regulatory matters.
- To record all time on the Company’s time recording system and ensure narrative is clear.
To find out more please email email@example.com.